Slater & Gordon UK
50-52 Chancery Lane
London, LDN WC2A 1HL
Phone: +44 (0)20 7657 1515
Clive is a senior employment lawyer with Slater and Gordon Lawyers in London.
He undertakes all types of employment and partnership law work for his clients.
He has particular expertise in acting for individuals during contentious exits, whistleblowing and discrimination claims.
Clive has handled very high profile cases include acting for senior whistleblowers in the financial and public sector. The cases have involved multi-million pound settlements.
Discrimination cases include acting for senior female executives and partners who have faced ongoing hostility as they seek to advance their careers after maternity leave periods.
A major part of Clive’s work is acting for partners in profit share disputes or on moving between firms.
He also advises employees in the financial services sector on FCA compliance and disciplinary issues.
He has particular expertise advising senior individuals in the media sector.
Clive has considerable experience of cases involving cross-border issues, and indeed has spoken at conferences worldwide on this topic. He is an active member of the international network (LINEE- Lawyers International Network for Employees and Executives), working with lawyers in many different jurisdictions.
Clive is recommended in the independent legal directories (Chambers , Legal 500, who’s Who Legal) as an expert in Employment Law.
• Employment terminations
• Profit share disputes
• FCA issues
Commendations from independent legal directories:
• Chambers and Partners: Clive is a “leader in the field”, ranked for acting for both senior executives and employees. Clive has expertise in the representation of finance professionals in FCA investigations and whistle-blowing. He is an "excellent negotiator" who is "always capable of securing a deal." He is lauded as an "amazing ambassador" for the firm and "is highly professional, not overly combative and clearly very knowledgeable." He is also well known for his skill in representing equity partners in contentious cases.
• Legal 500: Clive is listed as a member of the Hall of Fame and described as "an expert in employment law", “very knowledgeable”, providing “clear, proactive and expert advice”.
• The ‘Super Lawyer’ list published by Thomson Reuter lists Clive Howard as an expert in employment law in England.
• Nominated by his peers as one of the leading practitioners internationally in the field of Labour and Employment Law, in Who’s Who Legal.
• Since 2012 Slater and Gordon
• 1989 – 2012 Russell Jones and Walker
• Oxford University
• Member of the Employment Lawyers Association and sits on its editorial committee
• Member of the Association of Partnership Practitioners
• UK Member of the LINEE Network (The Lawyers International Network for Employees and Executives)