Slater & Gordon UK
50-52 Chancery Lane
London, LDNWC2A 1HL
Phone: +44 (0)20 7657 1508
Clive is a senior employment lawyer with Slater and Gordon Lawyers in London.
He undertakes all types of employment and partnership law work for his clients.
He has particular expertise in acting for individuals during contentious exits, whistleblowing and discrimination claims.
Clive has handled very high profile cases include acting for senior whistleblowers in the financial and public sector. The cases have involved multi-million pound settlements.
Discrimination cases include acting for senior female executives and partners who have faced ongoing hostility as they seek to advance their careers after maternity leave periods.
A major part of Clive’s work is acting for partners in profit share disputes or on moving between firms.
He also advises employees in the financial services sector on FCA compliance and disciplinary issues.
Clive represents members of the League Managers Association.
He has particular expertise advising senior individuals in the media sector.
Clive has considerable experience of cases involving cross-border issues, and indeed has spoken at conferences worldwide on this topic.
Aside from his employment work, Clive has significant experience bringing civil claims such as false imprisonment and wrongful arrest.
Mary Needham assists Clive on his cases and their details can be found here: https://www.slatergordon.co.uk/our-experts/mary-needham/
• Employment terminations
• Profit share disputes
• FCA issues
Commendations from independent legal directories
• Chambers and Partners: Clive is a “leader in the field”, ranked for acting for both senior executives and employees. Clive has expertise in the representation of finance professionals in FCA investigations and whistle-blowing. He is an "excellent negotiator" who is "always capable of securing a deal" as well as "a straightforward, personable lawyer who cuts to the chase". He is lauded as an "amazing ambassador" for the firm and ‘’is highly professional, not overly combative and clearly very knowledgeable."
• Legal 500: Clive is listed as a Leading Individual in Employment Law and described as "an expert in employment law", “very knowledgeable”, providing “clear, proactive and expert advice”.
• The ‘Super Lawyer’ list published by Thomson Reuter lists Clive Howard as an expert in employment law in England.
• Nominated by his peers as one of the leading practitioners internationally in the field of Labour and Employment Law, in Who’s Who Legal.
• Chambers and Partners: Clive is well known for his skill in representing equity partners in contentious cases.
• Chambers and Partners 2017: Clive has expertise in the representation of finance professionals in FCA investigations and whistle-blowing. He is "highly professional, not overly combative and clearly very knowledgeable."
• Since 2012 Slater and Gordon
• 1989 – 2012 Russell Jones and Walker
• Oxford University
• Member of the Employment Lawyers Association and sits on its editorial committee
• Member of the Association of Partnership Practitioners